music

Friday, December 23, 2011

So this is Christmas

Today at school we did the Christmas show, which was amazing, even by my high standards. These catholic institutions really know how to get the dollars. Show upon show of beautiful costumes witnessed by a flock of nuns and rich eager parents dripping with gold and sporting Ipad 2 cameras.

I played Santa and hurled sweets around the auditorium in my usual fashion. Eventually, I was relieved of duty and took a slow ride home. I cracked open the wine, cheese, and smoked ham and chilled out to a second listen of John Peel.

I have acquired Kate Bush's last few albums; Ariel and 50 words for snow for my festive break listening and am doggedly determined to spend some quality time listening to the radio and some fine podcasts during my 2 week break.

I got Grace a wicked stocking and lots of pressies to fill it, so she can wake up on Sunday morning to a frenzy of present opening. Oil can't understand why I refuse to let her have any presents early.

It's been good. The Danish Blue cheese, Ritz biscuits, wine (Chili), palma ham, olives have made all the difference. It ain't bad at all. The James Bond season on TV has added something too.

Merry Christmas one and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Season's Greetings!