music

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Patrick's Visit

Yesterday we went to the floating market in Hat Yai. I hadn't been before and was pleasantly surprised. Another shopping frenzy entailed which saw me being religated to wandering about with Grace while Mater and wife disappeared into the bustling stalls. We hung about, ate ice creams and got lost in the crowd.

Waiting for the long overdue taxi, I suddenly had an urge for male companionship, so I called Patrick. We was keen to see Mater, presumably to talk about Ireland. He and his girlfriend came over and we had a great time drinking beer and recalling Peter O'Toole, Oliver Reed and Richard Harris. I was surprised at how fast Patrrick can drink, possibly slightly faster than me. A rainstorm delayed their departure which led to more drinking, a neck massage for Oi and I managed to get him to watch a fraction of the Laurie Taylor interview with Tom Baker. I was desperate to show him the corker line Tom delivered about someone bottling a fart which poisoned the whole of Dublin. He saw it and was amused. Our merriment, which had transpired to Rolling Stones flick, Shine a Light, was finally brought to a close and they went home.

No comments: