music

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Reader and Batman

Just finished watching "The Reader" which was fantastic. Truly sad and beautifully filmed. Winslet and Fiennes were first rate.

Thankfully I have reached the semester break. The last few weeks have been testing at school and I am in need of rest.

Grandma went home yesterday, and Oi and I have been enjoying some time together with Baby Grace. Peace and harmony reign with just the two of us, I mean, three of us. Grace has been crying a bit actually and I assume it is because she is missing Grandma. She will have to get used to just mum and dad for a while now, and not gran's wizard hands.

I have been sorting out my vast collection of CDs and DVDs. Hundreds have been assigned to the bin, only keeping DL movies, games and original music CDs.

Aswell as that, I have been scanning for movies that escaped the radar, and have been busy DL and burning. A bit of a Warren Beatty fest going on. It is good to scan those internet lists of best movies and get some titles.

BBC podcasts still dominate the Ipod. I spent an evening with Karl last Friday and after some music got onto The Forum and Dr. Karl. Highly entertaining listening even though we were confused by the second or third sentence.

Down in the Hat Yai black markets I picked up the new Batman game. Thankfully this copy successfully crack the "glide" disable feature the programmers had installed. This game looks incredible. TOTALLY INCREDIBLE. I am a might pissed with myself as I am still yet to complete Wolfenstein and Call of Juarez. I hate not finishing a game, which happens way too often.

Love the bonus disc of Green On Red's "Here Come The Snakes" but maybe Chuck's new one is sameold, same old which is sad. There is a cool vid on Utube docu on the new album though which is fun. Chuck has produced some jawls since he quit smoking and got old. Still totally cool though.

So, I'm looking at some time off and a chance to recoop. Some quiet time. Baby Grace now sleeps next to Oi in our bed. I remind her not to crush her. And last night was the first night we all slept together. Yes, we had the night light on, and Grace woke up at 2 until the morning light. I wasn't that bothered, but as usual I have to get out in the day to get some sun to my brain.

Tomorrow I will attempt to get my holiday exercise plan moving with an early morning walk in the park.

No comments: