music

Monday, November 23, 2009

Benefits of Leaf Sweeping

4:15 Tuesday morning. I predictable result of going to bed at 8.

I was listening The Forum, having dropped out of the loop for a space. Interesting show, if only to learn of the different paths many of us take in life.

My recent thinking is news avoidance and dangers of internet addiction. One great element of having a garden again is the option to keep off the internet. When I scan the news headlines, I really don't see the stories that I want, or expect, to see. I find the news websites incredibly weak, and yet, I find BBC Radio 4 programs very fulfilling. I don't understand why this conundrum exists.

My new pastime, indeed exercise, is sweeping the garden of leaves, rose apples and general debris. I made sure I watched Oi's mum busying away in the garden, so I can at least get an inkling of what to do. I like this idea of no grass, and keeping the top soil clean and tidy. This allows the opportunity for some great planting potential. I bought one strange looking spiny plant and wish to continue this theme. It could make an interesting garden. The garden shall be therapeutic offering physical exercise and mental harmony through leaf sweeping.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Bought Gandhi yesterday and started watching with Mojo. Calm through leaf-sweeping sounds like something he could have said.