music

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Camp Crusty

Sunday, and finally a day of rest.

Yesterday I was up at four to get ready for the first camp. Phit picked us up and drove myself, Oi, Grace and another teaching couple to Satun. It was a long but fun day and the kids were very sweet. Satun seemed really nice and very rural. I thought of moving there. Hat Yai is a seething car park these days. A lot different from when I first came here.

It was great to see all the boys; Shaz, Ben and others and everyone enjoyed the company and had the same "whatever" attitude at the camp. Pee Dtoi took charge. We just danced about and did our thing. Grace was a star attraction and she didn't cry once.

It all ended with a giant tug of war which was a hoot. I saw Patrick falling under the rope and being dragged along the ground covered in children. Later he showed me the nasty rope burn on his ankle.

Determined to have my weekend, Tom and Patrick came over for a session which ended, or me, at 4:30 in the morning. Today, is for rest alone. Though I still have to churn out a worksheet for the kids tomorrow.

Only one more full week of regular school left. Then the holidays begin!!!!

No comments: