music

Friday, February 26, 2010

The End

Today was the last day of school.

I was due for an evening class at Gees in the evening, but I had the good sense to cancel as I felt myself going into serious meltdown.

I am pulling the plug on private classes for all but one day a week. It's all been getting very stressful not being able to escape constantly having to think of and prepare a lesson plan. There was not one day in the week when I didn't have to think about it. No Thai person can understand my reasoning and given the opportunity they will work unquestioningly around the clock as long as there is money to be made. And, in fact, the money earnt from these classes is pitiful in any other currency. It just ain't worth it. Gee was in tears when Oi told her I am cutting back but I will not been drawn into a mercy shoot. It's the goose that laid the golden eggs syndrome and I am sure they would see me dead before they thought anything was wrong, and still not "get it" as my lifeless body was put to the fire.

So, I am forced to take things into my own hands and deliver some justice on my own. From now on I am going to be merciless in pursuit of my own needs and wants.

So I have some crap to do tomorrow and some other classes in the next few weeks but nothing too big and plenty of time to recharge and stop my brain from being fried like a banana.

Last night Oi and I watched Avatar which was great. Oi totally loved it as it has all the ingredients to suit the Thai pallette. Forest, injustice, pretty scenes. It must have been great in 3D.

Now looking forward to easy days of nothingness.

No comments: