music

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I think

Thursday evening and a few words.

School has been going very well. I have been swimming a couple of times this week and done a spell of skipping. A new and free hobby. After school, I come home and have a blast of gaming. Lately, Witcher 2 which has been fun, if intense. It's nearly completed and I have switched to Bullet Storm for a replay of fun blasting.

I saw Tom and Tony on Tuesday, both of whom are in good spirits.

Oi is busy making T-shirts and her latest ones are really nice.

I was thinking to myself how peaceful our life is. We don't persue anything, just enjoy relaxing and lounging about. I keep thinking that the best thing man can do in life, is nothing.

As I scan the papers and odd TV show, things seem to be getting very surreal in the real world. Society and civilisation is metamophazizing into something very strange and alien. sometimes I think the whole thing will drive itself over a cliff.

There is a bunch of guys in town that I know, all busy busy, working and partying, and yet most seem like they lack something or are looking in the wrong way to try to find something. Maybe I am just an advocate of marriage these days, like an old fool.

Oi and I have been getting on pretty well lately. I think after nearly 3 years perhaps we really know each other and can both relax into the long ride of marriage. My thinking about whom I married was quite logical and a tad calculated, and at first perhaps I wasn't sure. But, somehow I knew that I had made the right decision and that the benefits of marrying a person like Oi would come later on, a few years down the track. Like a good Thai person, Oi's objective is to attain a state of "sabai" (relaxed) and if that is still outside on the porch watching a shower, then that is it. Things are approached with thought, but with a view to maintaining a state of calm. That's how we exist at home. I remember with Egg, he always knew the perfect time to change the current activity.

And the other quote that stays with me, which I spoke of to Peter the other day, "Don't worry about what hasn't happened.". If you follow this things chug along very nicely, for me anyway.

Opting to live a simple life brings a lot of happiness. I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic.