music

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life

It was Patrick's birthday yesterday and he invited me over. I hadn't seen him in about 3 months. He was very kind and we all (Tom and Danny) had a good time drinking beer (Beer Lao) and watching the Led Zep Albert Hall concert.

Actually, quite a few things have smoothed out lately, where there has been bad shit going on between friends and collegues. I really try to stay totally neutral and non-commital with people I know so as not to cause friction. I try to live very quietly and let things take their course. But I have noticed this approach can aggrevate people too. Sometimes you just can't win. However, as I said, lately, things have been chugging along nicely.

There is an open field across the road and Oi and I have started taking Grace there in the evenings where she can run about. It's good fun. We are going to get a big ball and a kite one day soon. There is always a breeze in the valley we live in, which will be great for kite flying.

Grace has moved on from In the Night Garden to Peppa Pig. Now she follows the words that are being said. As a family, we have had lots of simple and warm fun of late. Being at home is the nicest thing.

The boss's niece is coming to train with me and Phit for a month starting tomorrow. I warned her that she might be a bit shocked at my teaching method. We have been having great results already this term and the reading passage homeworks I have set bring great results the following week when the kids come back and proudly read the entire passage on their own in front of the class. Sometimes I have to hide the tears when some of these kids are bursting with pride at the incredible feat they have achieved. I am looking to do some private classes but the well seems dry for me. Hopefully, something will come up.

Oi has been busy making T-shirts. The patterns she sews on them are really cool and she is hoping to sell them soon.

I still have some back pains and a sore knee (from skipping without shoes), but I have started lifting weights at home and cutting back on time spent in front of the PC. In fact, I have been doing quite a lot of gardening as there is always leaves to sweep and weeds to hoe, and we have the occassional bonfire which is always great fun.

Two great new movies are; 5 Days of August and Age of Heroes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will investigate Peppa Pig. If Grace is in to it, her cousin will like it.

I think you should write something about your teaching method. I think it could help a lot of kids.

Cheers then,

Bro.