music

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Morning After


Well, movie night was good. Rescue Dawn is a pretty good movie. A factual account of an American pilot shot down early in the Vietnam war, imprisonment and escape. Shaz, Tom and Patrick attended the viewing and we drank Guinness, ate cheese, ham and popcorn.

I don't teach until this afternoon and have only one class, so I can take it easy once again. I am progressing through the game Bioshock and doing some household chores.

I may soon be buying a graphics drawing tablet so I can draw my own pictures for flashcards etc. Also, I am finally figuring out Paypal and such and I can feel myself working towards something lucrative on the computer. I found a site where you get paid to click on adverts and am exploring websites. Maybe it will lead to me putting a teaching book together as my brother suggests. Who knows?

In fact, I just took the time to start it;

englishhandouts.weebly.com

Bookmark it and check for progress. You might even find it useful.

Photo....Oi on Koh Lepei

1 comment:

Joel Uden said...

Jim - if you liked Rescue Dawn check out the following:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145046/

Rescue Dawn was the Hollywood version of the above but intriguingly by the same director Werner Herzog. Also check out Grizzly Man if you haven't seen it, again by Herzog and utterly gobsmacking...