music

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Movie Night - In Bruges


Recently and sometimes I have been showing an extra movie night in the week. Either I have nothing to do and want to keep busy or just feel like like company. Last night was such an occasion. I was toying with the idea, debating if I was too tired or not and the fact that today (it's now early morning) that I have to teach five kindergarten classes in a row - something where I approach the realm of heart attack and pulled a muscle in my back a couple of weeks ago - excruciating, but not serious whilst performing "Head and Shoulders" for the fifth time that day.

Anyway, I decided to go ahead and Patrick joined me for a film. He brought some Guinness which was most welcome and we talked about teaching for a while and about his encounter the previous Friday with a retired American lawyer who was drunk and extremely rude to all those around him. Stinking rich and absolutely horrible to everyone was this guy, who for whatever reason was washed up on the shores of Hat Yai. Alas, there are many of this kind over here who spend there waking hours drinking in the Swan pub complaining about everything in their miserable lives and why they hate Thailand and the the Thai people.

This is why I never go to these places.

Anyway, we started watching a movie I had Dl'd called Dark City which received glowing reviews on IMDB, but it didn't really wash. SO after fifteen minutes I suggested we change to In Bruges with Colin Farrell. What a choice. It was great, especially for Patrick Larkin.

About 2 Irish criminals sent from London to hide out in Bruges in Belgium to lay low for a while. It is both funny and sad. He loved it. And so did I.

No comments: