music

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Home Life

Back at home things have been very cosy.

We've been playing Scrabble, watching Reggie Perrin and listening to a ton of music on the incredible Harman Kardon ipod dock. It the best thing I have bought in years and way beyond my expectations. Thanks to all who helped me come to my cruxifying decision to make the purchase. Lucky Hat Yai had such a great system on sale.

So I have been loading up the 16Gb ipod with tunes (and deleting when I was put the same tune in 3 times).

It really solves my keeping track on music problems. I just chuck on all the new albums, play it on "shuffle" and when something comes on I like I can check who it is.

It seems the financial backwave is finally hitting Thailand. I am reading a cost increase in many products here, like beer. In my opinion, Thais should learn how to make beer before increasing the price. It just tastes like chemicals to me and gives you a headache. I haven'y had a single beer since returning to Hat Yai and, as Henry stated at Bobbo's wedding, "Lose weight by not drinking beer." It seems the singular best answer to not being a fatty - just stop drinking beer, espescially shit chemically induced beer.

The Thai satelitte TV service UBC is another total rip off. Expensive, problematic and crap. I am glad folks are moving away from TV and onto PC's. People are using their time how they want to.

I see Rupert Murdoch is planning on bringing the free information age to an end. I think he will find people will not pay for his fear-inducing news. But it supports Don's reason to get everything now while you can. The level of freedom on the internet may well come to an end one day.

On my brief stop in BKK I went with Joe to a games shop and bought Necrovision and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.
Of limited interest to most, Necrovision is like a trip back to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. WW1 shooter in the trenches before encountering ghosts and zombies etc. The stabbing bernet (?) attchment is excellent and a fun game once yo0u pass the "what the fuck is going on" stage. Hell's Highway is a great single person shooter/manage assault team game based on a Bridge Too Far in Operation Market Garden. Very nicely put together and the shoot-outs are great fun.

I have my timetable for the new school term. 15 hours a week. 8.30 to 11.30 as thought. Very nice of my boss, but I do do a good job in the school and the kids learn ok. On top of this I will teach private classes with Gee.

Oi is very happy and enjoying the easy life right now. We are both very content pottering around the house, though we are keen to move somewhere with a garden as not being able to go outside is annoying. Just to get some light to the brain. Strange that in a country twice the size of UK and the same population, so many people have no garden or park nearby. Most Thais live in rabbit hutches stacked on top of one another. Then again, that might be decided by the fact that most are paid nothing and the rich shit that owns the apartment block feeds off their poverty.

Yes, Oi is lucky to escape the life of servitude most are forced to adopt here and it's very cool that we live together so easily.

As mentioned in UK, I would urge some to start their own blog for idle reading and keeping up with chum's adventures in the mind or otherwise.

JJ

No comments: