music

Friday, May 1, 2009

End Game

I leave for Thailand tomorrow after a great holiday, as Don's affirmation had instructed. There were some trying times but I was fairly successful at countering an influx of negative thought but remembering to recite the lines allocated to me. As a result peace and serenity and general overall niceness has dominated this trip.

Everyone has been extraordinarily kind and I have enjoyed many chats and walks with my friends.

I have drunk many pints of ales and, in particular on this trip, I was reminded to drink cider. So, a quick list of beverages quaffed;

Ringwood Forty Niner
Tanglefoot
Spitfire
Bulmers Cider
HSB
London Pride
Old Speckled Hen
Old Peculiar
Black Sheep Ale

In Spain;

Amstel
Mahou
San Miguel

There are some more, but the little gray cells are failing me.

I have bought some wonderful gifts and games for folks back home (Thailand home) and, as Don suggested, childrens's books from charity shops.

It has been most pleasant walking around Petersfield and a fantastic walk to Steep Marsh and the Shoulder of Mutton. I sat on Southsea Common with Marsha in brilliant sunshine and wandered down the famous Albert Road. I walked the Wiltshire white roads with the famous Beck Brothers and ate generous lunches at The Harrow with both Steve Cannings and Charles Collett. I drank pints up at the Pub with No Name with Kate Collyer and watched a great band standing beside Jimmy V. I saw his children on Harry's birthday and met Marc's wife to be, Jackie. Sorry I will miss that wedding. Of course, the reason for my trip was my brothers wedding and I have never seen him so happy. Mum outshone everyone with infinite bound and energy and Nicholas's burps, whistles and cheeps gave a hilarious soundtrack to the whole duration, reminding me that there is never anything to worry about. I spoke to my own angel, Oi and kept track of the baby news, I found new music and philosophy from the ever beaming and friendly Dr. Andy Jenkins. Alas, I missed Mary, but we did speak. I also had some laughs with sister, Tish and brother in law, Andre. I even got smacked on the head by an angry seagull and got blasted by water jets in a luxury spa. Thankfully, I sorted by bank card and got a flashy new driving license. I cuddled venerable Shamus and indulged in some cat-sniffing. I danced and behaved wildly at my brothers reception and sank beers with Richie and Raffa. I saw a ton of great movies whilst resting in mum's cabin and got hold of some great books handed to me. I ate a Melton Mobray pork pie and a new peanut KitKat with the great majestic demi-god himself, Joel Uden. Some things I missed but I won't dwell on those, and I apologise if I left out any treasured moment someone can recall. Thanks so much for making my trip the best ever.

So as the hours close, there is still time for a few more memories to create. With acoustic guitar I will board the plane tomorrow and traverse the globe to steamy Bangkok, and catch the overnight sleeper train down the elephant's trunk to old Hat Yai, where my love lies waiting, silently for me.

No comments: