music

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New TV

Continuing the recent splurge of cash and utilizing the newly found ability to use by debit card over here, a 40" Samsung TV is the latest purchase. Yet to be delivered, Oi did not put up much resistance, though we are now resisting watching anything now on the older, smaller TV. I have 2 Star Trek movies lined up (First Contact & Insurrection). It will be great to view these on a bohemeth screen.

That will be about it for grande purchases.

The only remaining thing we need to do is to move house. Feelers are out feeling, but due to a complete lack of estate agents, though I am sure Mr. Fry would be delighted, it tends to make finding a new house rather difficult. Finding such an abode must be sought by word-of-mouth or riding all over the town on a motorbike trying to find the little piece of card saying "house for rent" in Thai language.

Still, I phoned up my boss and have recruited her to help find the home.

Still getting used to the Ipod, I have been downloading audio books for listening pleasure, namely Peter F. Hamilton's The Dreaming Void (Peter Collett take note) curtesy of The Pirate Bay and a bunch of Alan Watts lectures. Incidentally, those who have not yet heared any Alan Watts are urged to start listening to this great lecturer.

Oi is enjoying me being around once more and I bought her some slightly harder English books to read, namely "Black Beauty" and "White Fang". I am convinced that reading books is a great exercise for improving English for someone of Oi's ability.

I have been going to bed after midnight lately, to combat waking up before 3 in the morning. This action has led to me rising at about 9 and before I know it, it is nearly nighttime again. I think I preferred getting up at 4 or 5 and having a few hours "quiet time" in the early morn.

I bought some hanging plants for the rear balcony to make use of the height and the area makes quite a dinky little sancturary to read a book or contemplate nature.

Rambling now...

No comments: