music

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Dinner

Last night I had to teach a private class at Gee's house. She thankfully offered to cancel todays (Saturday morning), so I could let loose last night.

I dashed over to Patrick's house where Ben had spent the afternoon making a Christmas dinner for all us filthy pagans, and boy was it good! That guy can cook and I had about three helpings and declined Don's request to pick him up from the station which caused him some distemper. In retrospect I made the right choice. I had an awesome Christmas dinner which I scoffed down lovingly. There was leeks, roast spuds, roast chicken, carrots, gravy, turnips. Holy Hell, it was good. We had wine and Guinness too. I suggested we leave Thai beer off the menu and keep our palates rich. We had a right old hoot that lasted until the small hours and included my punk rock version of "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" which the boys seem fascinated by. I woke up at six and biked it home.

Ben is a new recruit on the scene and works with Patrick and Shaz at my old school near Big C. He is English and about thirty. He has been here for a long time, since he was about eighteen. He bears a passing resemblance to the Milky Bar Kid, has a bright and pleasing nature and seems quite at home here in Thailandia.

I am now on holiday for a full week which I will relish to the maximus and I want to get some country bike rides in at about 5 o'clock when it cools down.

Tonight or Sunday the boys might come over. I have suggest that either Don or Thomas invite Lee. I haven't seen him in a year and maybe he has calmed down since storming out of the party when he could not accept I didn't want to buy a house. And me with a family. Disgusting!

I have tried to explain that I am a contrary but I think it is few that can comprehend this concept.

The festive season continues...

...and will get some more family snaps for the hordes of screaming fans in the Outer Worlds.

I should also note that I got a lovely note from mum who lit a candle for friends that have gone before us. Namely, Egg, JK and dear Matty. May their spirits watch over us.

No comments: