music

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Quest Continues...

A day away from a small holiday. With Christmas approaching I get some days off which I am tres relieved about. Unfortunately I am totally hooked on Dragon Age. The story is great and I am on a quest for a sacred urn to heal some dying earl. The quest has led me to some strange cultish village in the mountains and into an ancient temple beyond. It's bloody fantastic. A recently swapped my war dog for an assassin, only to discover the dumb schmuk can't pick locks - the very reason for trading him and he is shit in battle. Oh well. Hopefully we can make it through this icy tomb and I can get rid of him later. This tale is epic. My dear Peter, you must do everything you can to get this game. You will cherish every moment. The re-equiping of armour and weapons is great and beefing up your team to maximum killing power is imperative.

One great point is that quite often it is unclear to see the consequences of the choices that you have to make, and you may bitterly regret something you thought was a good idea at the time, yet so far back that reloading a previous save is unthinkable, therefore you are stuck with the consequences of your actions; like this stinking assassin.

Looks like there is a whole industry based around this game. I just hope I don't get bored before I finish. I am being very sensible and playing only when I have checked myself that I actually want to play, and not being driven by some obsessive, unhealthy urge.

Grace is doing really well. I will take some more snaps over the break and get them posted.

Oi is fine and enjoying the new house.

No comments: