music

Friday, August 6, 2010

Afternoon Delight

Saturday morn, and nicely hung over for an afternoon of drinking cheap beer with Tom in the garden. My pals normally come over at night and I keep saying afternoon is the best time to enjoy the garden. Like, you can actually see it. We had a great time and Patrick joined later on. I think finally my pals are starting to understand who I am and why I do the things I do, and in turn it becomes clearer to me. The reason I am not a millionnaire and screwing everyone for money even though I could. Because I am watching the race of humans clamouring for work and cash and I just can't join in because I think they got it wrong. I don't like the direction we are going in and that stops me from even starting, even though I could lick most of them. Like at my school, Catholic and run by stern nuns, yet the mums look like million dollar prostitutes. Asia is different from Falangland though probably less so today. The scramble for cash is seen as a good thing and you can fuck over whoever you want as long as you can get more. Tom told me about the horror on a girls face when he accosted her after she queue jumped at the gas station. This happens all the time here. Thai culture dictates that you do not make a scene, therefore rude people can walk all over other people without being stopped or put in their place. When the occasional falang objects the reaction is of utter horror. Open-mouthed they back away in disbelief. Tom states to his detriment that he cannot stand by and do nothing. It happened with me at this house we live in. Upon first viewing, we called up the landlady, a rich, miserable sloth-like lump of flesh, who came out to discuss and show us the house. As she arrived, so did a Thai man who was interested in the house too. He totally intervened, ignored us and took away the lady to talk about the house. I hung back and Pit let the guy take over. We never got to talk to the landlady. In the end, he was flake and not interested, and we took the house about 6 months later. I think though in the future I will adopt Tom's attitude. But even though good manners and behavoir are more engrained in English culture, I think that it has gone already as celebrity worship and politicians and royal members openly engage with gangsters.

Anyway, we listened to some very cool tunes and sank loads of beer. A nice album is the Stones, "Though the Vaults Darkly" a collection of forgotten tunes. Also enjoyed was some very early Santana and Eric Clapton albums. Domski's thread on Bolt.org is a treasure trove for quality music.

The other night I showed Tom, "My Left Foot" which he loved. Patrick said the household was very similar to his own having 12 brothers and sisters.

No comments: