music

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tropical Fever

I woke up yesterday morning feeling stiff and heavy. I could hardly move. All I wanted to do was lie down and yet, my back really ached and my body was sore and dull. I also vomited as I was preparing to go to school. So, I stayed home. I felt like I was made of wood and couldn't do anything. It took me hours to get the strength just to make some chicken soup.

Eventually, Oi suggested I should go to the hospital and after a session of reasoning and listening I conseeded. Going anywhere for us is a chore as riding the bike with all three of us is not the safest way to get around and the Thai drivers are very unsympathetic as they hurtle by in their 4x4s.

Then our neighbour, who has been ostrasized by the rest of the community offered to take us to the hospital. Lightening service as usual and medication presribed and I woke up early this morning as right as rain, apart from "The Squits". It's such a relief to feel good again, and I shall return to work tomorrow.

I have been listening to some HG Wells audiobooks lately which are excellent. These are, The Island of Dr. Moreau and The Land of the Blind. I really love the style of HG Wells and Jules Verne. Always chilling and sinister. I hope to listen to some more.

We are now trying to work out how to get Oi and Grace a visa for the UK for next year. There is a high failure rate and I have to transfer vast sums of cash in Oi's account to satisfy the UK Visa people. Luckily, Pee Lek in the office is going to help us, but we have to get busy now as the authorities require a history of bank records. These days, my brain cannot focus on forms and stuff anymore, so I have to leave it to Oi to sort out.

No comments: