music

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Passports

Tuesday night and today we acquired a passport for Grace at Songkhla. Oi got hers yesterday.

This means we are planning a trip back to Blighty next March for two months. It's great for Oi and it is good to have something to look forward too. And Grace can finally meet Mum. Obviously it will be great to catch up with folks and to sample all the delights of England, I'm think ale, countryside, food and fresh, crisp air.

Now Grace is becoming a toddler, I will want us to travel more. Mountains in Nepal and volcanoes in Sumatra beckon for future holidays.

Grace will be one on 24th August. We hope to have a little party for the kids in the street. Get some KFC and some ice cream in. Thai kids don't really have birthday parties, being not much higher up the pecking order than dogs.

My PC returned from the shop. They said because I have a lot of stuff on my hard drives (1 terrabyte), I needed more RAM. They upgraded it for 4 gig RAM. Now all these games play swimmingly. Even Starcraft 2, which I have resumed playing.

Singularity is another great recommendation. I redownloaded Batman Arkham Asylum and Cosename Panzer, and a new Spitfire sim, Wings of Prey. All are predictably awesome.

School is fine. Good fun and stress free.

I have acquired a new habit of waking at about 4 in the morning and watching a movie before dawn. A good time as there are no interruptions. Thus, I have been watching "The Blue Max". Such a great movie with brilliant aerial shots of dogfights. The plot is strong too.

Thanks everyone for parcels from home. They make such a lovely treat. Marmite and toast is now enjoyed every day.

The Hat Yai county fair is on right now. I rode us down there last night and we strolled about the plant stores. I bought some tomato, carrots, spinach and lettuce seeds. I wanted to get a Venus Fly Trap but they were a big expensive. I may yet go back and get one.

Grace is very close to walking now. I am sure within the next month. I shall try to get it on video film.

Still listening to the BBC Podcasts as I lie in bed at night. The Film Programme and Excess Baggage are favourites, as is The Forum (on a good day) and Americana.

Stop getting movies for a while. Interestingly, Patrick started complaning about the Net and all the movies he has got and doesn't watch. I could relate to this, though I do try to get through the missed classics. He was saying he gets all this information, and for what? He does have a point. I have been walking again, lifted a few weights and sweeping leaves and picking weeds. But not enough.

I have, however, been laying off the beer. I keep asking how it will make me feel, and the answer is, "Not that good", so I don't bother too often. I am busy enough without it as a crutch.

That's all, Folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Growing your own veggies is a great hobby. You will have many enemies but
you'll learn how to beat them. Have heard from several sources that as a first crop, to prepare the soil as it were, spuds is good.