music

Friday, August 20, 2010

Big Wooden Box

It's nearly Grace's first birthday and we are hoping it will be fun. We are planniung to invite the kids in the street over and have a little party for them, which should be really nice, seeing as Thai kids never get to go to parties.

It's been a week at home. We managed to get Oi and Grace a passport, and Oi has finally started to ride the motorbike. This, hopefully, will take a huge strain of me and allow Oi to start living at bit, instead of being stuck at home all the time. She celebrated by riding to the hair dresser's and getting her thatch washed. I stayed at home and took care of the nipper. She's planning on going to the market next, so there might be some home cooking going on.

I have been quite absorbed in some games this week which keeps me occupied. I got hold of Doom 3 and No One Lives Forever 2 which had escaped the net some years ago. Both are proving to be good blasting fun, and everything runs great with 4 gig pumping through my rig.

Been getting some cool tunes too. I watched a Led Zep gig at Patrick's house last week which was killer. I think it was at the Albert Hall in 1969. It was as good at The Who at Kilburn '77 gig. Really kicked arse.

This prompted me to get a Yardbirds album with Jimmy Page which I shall investigate. I also got some early Genesis (A Trick of the Tail), some Phish and some Thin Lizzy.

Tom came over last night and we got blasted anbd rocked out.

I have been doing the walk on some days, but need to do more.

Thanks to Mum and Rob for all the cool presents you have been spending over. It's great getting stuff from overseas.

We managed to find a really cool present for Grace on her birthday. It is an Activity Zoo. Basically, a big, wooden box with lots of colourful and exciting stuff to do all over it, e.g. doors to open, letters to swivel etc. We had a mare getting in but Oi came through and found it on the net. At a discount price too, from 3500B to 1990B. That should be arriving from Bangkok any day now.

That's it.

No comments: