music

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More Days Off

Had a spat of days off lately with some more to come this week. That's fine by me.

I have started walking again which is great and having taken a leaf out of Michael Caine's book I have tried to adjust myself to a more sensible and sedate lifestyle to compliment my aging years. This also means spending lots of time with Oi and Grace and enjoying the garden and relaxing at home. Oi takes Grace for a spin around Tescos every week as Grace likes to stand in the trolley and gawp at the ga-zillions of Thais gawping back at her. Grace is a bit of a star in our street. Every evening Oi takes her out to mingle with the neighbours who all have a hold and take her up the road. Grace loves it  and doesn't want to be handed back.

My PC is kaput and in the shop being repaired. Always a bit of a mystery but I suspect that Starcraft 2 had something to do with it as several folks have had their graphics cards melted by the game.

Seems like Asia has it rough on the disaster side right now. Thai TV reports that it is from the melting glaciers but English speaking media haven't reported this. Moscow is also feeling the heat and the smog. I have backed away from my interest in these areas having concluded our fate and flak received from bods not wanting me to harp on about it. So be it.

I am thinking of a trip back to UK next March with Oi and Grace as we are all getting on, and again, inspired by Caine, had best start living. I am dismayed however at the lack of reward for teachers on the financial front, and I make a point of informing Phit that if I didn't have extra income from my house in UK (thanks Dan) I couldn't afford to raise my family here. And the food prices just have me in a daze in the supermarket. It seems the only way to survive is to do whatever you can to get as much money as possible. Oh, what a mess we have made of the world!

Such a shame about that young woman doctor shot by the Tailiban, along with her collegues. About time UK pulled out and left it to the US to fight for whatevcr it is thay are fighting for.

Tom has kept me good company of late, and he was cracking up at Grace as she has now learnt to nod, especially to music. She has a bit of a leg wobble going too to the right tune.

Been watching an excellent Ray Liotta movie set in Mexico called La Linea (The Line). Please view at your earliest convienence.

That's it for now.

 

No comments: