music

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Birthday Hangover

A crazy, crazy birthday spent with Patrick and 6'7" cousin and big, Irish softie Adam at the Co-Art. We, or I anyway, had a hoot and I was beckoned on stage twice to give truly horrendous guitar performances by Dtoi, the wonderfully modest and brilliant guitar player and owner. Patrick and I rocked out 'til the early hours and, after waking up at Pat's ay first light, made my way home through the empty, rainy streets of Hat Yai.

Today, has been spent in recovery mode and I have been watching hero Stephen Fry at the Sydney Opera House which was brilliant and so inspiring. I am about 4 hours into his new autobiography which is such fun. Waiting on my hard drive is Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and Moab is my Washpot. I think I will spend the rest of my life quietly listening to soothing voices on my Ipod.

On Stephen's recommendation I just acquired the 50's version of The Importance of Being Earnest. It has Margaret Rutherford in it so I am especially looking forward to watching that.

Young Gracie has blossomed into a little girl and is a joy for Oi and myself. Every day we take her up and down the road on her new, little pink tricycle. One of Oi's purchases, and although it might look vomit-inducing, I suppose it is actually quite sweet. The subject of who buys Grace the best presents is indeed a topic of much debate. Mine tend to be wooden and come from France. Oi's favour plastic and come from China. However, Oi may indeed win in the usage department. The annoying Animal Computer that spits out monotone versions of London Bridge is Falling Down and Chinese interpretations of cats and pigs is the most played toy in the house. Most annoying when I am trying to actually listen to an important film or programme. Yet, Grace now dancing around in a circle with a proud, sweet smile on her pretty face throughout the day. My Busy Zoo stands like a great monolith solitary and untouched. Hmmm...The debate continues.

No comments: