music

Saturday, October 16, 2010

sUNDAY hANGOVER

I got blasted last night after abstaining for a few days. It was quite fun and I have had the old stir crazy cabin fever setting in. I think Oi understands that me (and possibly all men) have to blow sometimes to release the pressure of everyday life. I was crying while I was watching the Pogues (impossible not to) and I kicked out to the incredible Who gig at Kilburn 1977. I imbibed plenty of happiness, had radical dreams and woke up and it was all over. I have now just worked my way through several days of washing up to make me sober.

Oi wants to move house - next door. Do it, says I. She wants to get away, if only slightly from the monster witch ex-school teacher and her 30 cats that shit over everything and from the country arsehole who knocked down half his house to build a garage and has half a dozen cars and utes parked all over the fucking place at any one time, as well as constant drilling and banging on every day except Sunday. It will also give a big fuck you to the landlady who is currently trying to imply that it is our resonsibility to fix the roof on her house. Fuck that, lazy rich bitch.

I think after this England trip is dealt with I shall start to actively do more with my life. All of this involves young Gracie, of course. I really want to check out some volcanoes in South East Asia and head over to Nepal to look at the mountains.

We have a plan to eventually buy a bit of farmland up in Chum Pon near Oi's family where I can see out my twillight years. I like this idea.

Saw a killer movie with Harry Potter in it, "MY By Jack" about Rudyard Kipling's son who died in WWI. It was superb and Daniel Radcliffe was excellent, even though I hate the Harry Potter movies.

I have seen a bunch of really excellent movie and a new one I just found, London River with Brenda Blethyn looks great. Like the games, every morning when I check out the movie list on bolt.org there is a new great one to watch. It's like a never ending stream of movies. I am hoping Patrick will bring me back an N Box from Malaysia. With an N Box you can simply put the movies on a handy drive and plug them staight into the TV avoiding the need to burn them onto a disc. Sounds great. There has been a slight lull in PC games lately which is welcome as it gives me time to catch up with the ones I already have. I think Mass Effect 2 is nearing completion and I am just acquiring the new Medal Of Honour game (yes, the one where you can play the Taliban, or whatever they are called).

Heard a lovely Coast and County podcast yesterday (at the start of my beer drinking session) about a troup of folks who were travelling through Gloustershire with a cavaran and 4 donkeys. It sounded wonderful. Yes, the podcasts are still high on my list of recommendations.

Another week of holiday before school starts. I am going to teach K3 countries and capitals which raised some eyebrows when I mentioned it. I have some prep to do for that.

Bright Young Things, a movie by Stephen Fry c. 2002. is excellent btw. Evelyn Waugn I believe.

Snickers bars have appeared in Thailand which are most welcome and a few varieties of Kit Kats have appeared in my local shop. I have been eating a fair bit of chocolate lately and introducing Grace to its delights too.

Grace is practically a person now. Very smart, careful and a ball of giggles. We sleep on the floor on a vast arrangement of mats, duvets, pillows and cushions. My new game with Grace is to grab her legs and drag her over the bed and into the cushions. She loves it. And now Joel Bear has arrived the family is almost complete. She has lots of cool toys. The soft ones are; Eeyore, Tigger, Moo-moo, Mousie and Pinkie.

That's it for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really need to read Sugar Blues so you know what you're doing with chocolate bars and why peope eat them.

nanci1234 said...

Yes. I did start to read it, so I shall continue