music

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gamer

It's been so good getting some serious game time in. Mass Effect 2 is proving fantastic. The shoot out scenes are just incredible and so smooth. The game plays out like a movie and the settings very like Blade Runner. As I have got better at playing it, I have really started to appreciate how to play.

I have a bit of a backlog of games that I don't think I will get through this break. Star Craft 2 still awaits my return and a spooky one called Amnesia comes highly recommended. It's so easy for me to acquire this games and then put them on the hard drive ready to be played.

I will have to abandon Doom 3. It was fun, but was just so dark and creepy, one did question if this was a fun blast or a demented pastime.

Mafia 2 also sits on stand by, but one reviewers comment of "too much driving" has put me off.

Good news is that old time hero Duke Nukem is back in a state of the art episode which I am defintely looking forward too. The Duke, of course, coined the phrase, "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum." amonst other dry lines. Veteran gamers will remember the pig cops who were most rewarding to gun down, and the peep show cinema, opening the door of the closet and blasting some active customer in the back as he is huddled over in the middle of his peep show. Those were the days.

Armoured Princess still ranks highly as a very fun fantasy battle game.

Happy gaming, pod people.

No comments: