music

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Easy Times

Well, Don arrived up North and so far things appear to be going well for him. It ain't easy doing a big move like that but he has been most upbeat about it.

Life at home has been quite blissful. The weather is cool and rains a fair bit, so it is nice to sit out on the back porch and watch the rain come down.

It has been great spending time with Grace too. She gets plenty of time to play with dad and we keep her amused. One thing I am pleased about is the amount of time I have with her. I know a lot of dads don't have enough time with their kids. I ain't guilty of this yet.

No one is around so I have been amusing myself. Normally have a couple of beers a day and enjoy some happiness to set the pace of the day. I go out for my bike rides which are just great. It's funny because living at our current house reminds me so much of Bushmead in Rake and times spent over at the Collett house where folks were always pottering about and tinkering with things. I find this sort of lifestyle very comforting and adopt a similar role; meandering down to the village shop, burning around my race course, attending various minor projects I have on the go. It's all rather fun.

Listening to the Pogues a bit at the moment and I got a bunch of old Neil Young albums too.

Just watched Swept from the Sea with Racheal Weisz which was great. Set in Cornwall and based on a Joseph Conrad novel. Now there is someone I have always wanted to read. Thanks Rob for the books. I shall attempt to read them when the feelings are rising.

No comments: