music

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chill

Saturday and trying to rest. Grace is a bit sick but the ipad has her attention most of the time, the only problem being that I can't use it.

I splashed some cash and downloaded a few of the games available. I thought damn it, why not? The games are really rather sweet, definitely heralding back to the days of the ZX spectrum and the like. Fun, arcade type games and a refreshing change from the life sucking PC games of late.

My back ache has also disappeared since I don't sit at the PC anymore. I still use it a bit, to download stuff and make flashcards, but most things I can do on the ipad.

We were dragged to a meaningless Smart English meeting last night which was hard work for us with Grace and having to go through rush hour traffic into the centre of town on a bike. I was quite pissed off that folks don't acknowledge that for those with kids this is a fuck of a task. We had a meal after together. It was good to see Patrick and Tom and some of the others, but we both knew when it was time to go home. We were exhausted but Grace stoked up with ice cream was leaping about until eleven.

Now we have some time to ourselves, I just wanna do nothing.

I would urge all folks to get an ipad and get gaming on a great system.

Current favourites are;

Robowar or something - berzerk like blast in a maze of killer robots.

Pinball - such fun

Catan - a board game

Waking Mars - 2d scroller, exploring a cave system on Mars with strange plants and acid drops. Chilling fun.

No comments: