music

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Sun

Here we are. I am attempting to alleviate a escalating sense of frustration and annoyance with things around me. Everything, thankfully, except Oi and Grace, who are my only stronghold of any need to survive. Watching the mad chaos around me, I feel just utter horror atd it sickens me, and I have to retreat into a gin and tonic every night to dull the pain of it all. And I know this scene can be recreated all over the globe, in every town, city and country. All the shit being pumped into the air on an ever increasing basis. How long can it last? Is it any real surprise the weather is fucked? If you blow cigarette smoke into a kids face enough, he's going to cough, isn't he? The old lady manager of Smart English, Pee Dtoi turned to me in the immigration office the other day and said, "Before now, Thailand used to be so much cooler.". I said it was because they cut down all the trees, and she nodded actively.

It was Grace's birthday, but we opted that she celebrate at school with her friends. Oi took in a cake at about eleven and they all had a party and sang Happy Birthday. Our street's somewhat void of children these days, some are packed off to private classes every night, some just never go outside, two lots moved away, including Ching Ching who was pretty wild for a kid. The only cool kid left is Mot An Noy from the plant shop, who is the airy, vague, shy Thai country girl you can see in the country.

At home, Grace had a couple of presents, including a Mickey Mouse sausage, the long pillows Thai people and myself cannot sleep without.

I have enjoyed a couple of wonderful nights with Tom. We can can loaded listening to the Ipod on random and have huge discussions about music. He's a master on some music, Grateful Dead, Neil Young, PJ Harvey, Breeders, Zed Lepplin and the like. I find myself laughing then as I do at no other time.

Grace is growing up fast and basically now can talk about most subjects in English and Thai. She seems very advanced but that's fine by me. We can now tell her she has to stop playing with the ipad at 8 o'clock, and she agrees and abides. MY shock when she just said ok and handed it over. By the time I get ahold of it at 10 when she is asleep, if she spied me playing before then she would wake up again and demand the wretched machine, I am near asleep myself and find myself not enjoying these meaningless games and could be resting my troubled and throbbing brain.

Upon Tom's zany recommendations, I have started watching "Newsroom" with Jeff Daniels, a US comedy drama. Quite fun I believe and I shall try to stick with it. I have a hard time sticking at anything these days, only anaesthetising myself in any number of ways.

The diet is going down the toilet and I plead with Oi to buy some more vegetables. We just spent all our money for the month on a set of bionic saucepans. Ya, you don't need any oil to cook and nothing sticks to it. It was a thing on the telly and we looked at each other and said, "Let's get it!". Food must have crept up the Heirachy of Needs to have me getting excited at the prospect of purchasing some pots, but here's to evolution.

We got a green juice made today which is an oasis in a sea of cheese and ham sandwiches, but I had a coffee a couple of hours later which was a shame.

I think I have have reached my lowest ebb quite soon which will mean I will kickstart the engines and join the gym soon, which will have me raging for fitness again. God.

No comments: