music

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chuckie Egg

Grace came across some utube vids off Peppa Pig World in the New Forest. Heartbreaking....I remember as a boy dreaming of going to Disneyland. It never happened. She keeps saying we have to go on an aeroplane.

The country fair is in town at the university. We went in the morning in blazing heat. Bought some delicious foods. Torrential downpour this afternoon made us glad to be at home.

Just been reading the Guardian about the US drought and rising food prices. One reader commented about the movie Home about the dust bowl that is now the Earth. It's awfully hot here and a nasty smog over the land from the crop fires in Sumatra. Makes a giant blanket over Southern Thailand and temperatures soar.

Sometimes I feel we are just weeks from some kind of massive environmental collapse. I watch all the cars and motorbikes and the chaos that is Thailand. Any kind of environmental plans that UK adopt will never happen here. They don't even know its wrong to drop litter here. There is tons of accommodation blocks going up everywhere as private Chinese investors develop everything. There's just not a chance for anything else, and nothing for the community. They just finished a state of the art cable car (German design) for 400 yards of Hat Yai park. It's crazy. The playground is decaying and rusty and they spend ga-zillions on some cable car no one is gonna go on. Just like the piece of shit aquarium in Songkhla. But will they build anything for their own kids? Getaway!

I keep recalling the head of geography at University College Chichester when I told him I was going to Thailand. He just said, "Thailand's fucked." Well, it isn't now, but it will be. But then so will the rest of the world. Wait a minute, it already is. It's just that boiled frog syndrome kicking in again. You know, when you can't see how shit things have become because it happens so slowly.

Still, I gotta say I think the Ipad is the best thing Man has ever made! It is just amazing. I can now have BBC world service playing in any room or even out on the porch. I can read the newpapers, do crosswords, play an excellent game of pinball, do some finely crafted puzzle games and even write my blog on it. And that's not even scratching at the surface. It's mad! Is this the pinnacle of Man's achievements?

Did you hear about the super spy blimp spotted over New Jersey. A world of weapons we haven't seen yet, for release when things boil over. It's Quo Vadis on a global scale. Do you remember that C64 game Quo Vadis? I even picked up a ZX Spectrum collection pack with Chuckie Egg on it. The very original for when ever I think of Edward Collett. You gotta pay for these apps but they are very cheap, usually 1-5 quid and, after careful review searching I have picked up a bunch of really excellent games that will keep me amused while the world outside burns.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Veridis quo