music

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A day off

A midweek oasis, a day off. Oi is working and Grace is at school, so I am totally alone.

I have been exploring the iPad and downloaded a few practical apps; a word processor, recommended by Stephen Fry no less, an art set for some cool drawing and painting, and a notebook type thingy. All look fun.

Things have been a bit humdrum lately, or so my deluded self keeps telling me. I suppose we all have to come down sometimes so we can feel great again. My life is fairly cosy really. More and more I appreciate being married and my cocoon with Oi And the naughty Gracie. Grace is really bouncing around these days and spewing verbal nonsense at high speed. These days I am making houses for her on the bed out of pillows and blankets. She climbs inside, lies down for a bit and then pulls it apart. Then she says, "Daddy make a new house." I try to oblige without moaning too much.

I have been watching a lot of Fry on tube a lot lately. He is such just a wonderful chap to listen to. Check out his address in holland at his book launch if you can.

End of the month and no cash has meant no booze or phone card (yes!). This means I can't drown in gin or Guinness right now and I have a legitimate excuse not to call anyone. Gives the liver a chance to recover.

Having somewhat fallen off the wagon on the good living campaign, we have endevoured to get back on track. Oi has been making simple Thai vegetables soups and dishes which have proved a treat and we get to make a mean green every few days. God that stuff is like liquid oxygen. You can feel it burning into your bloodstream and wiping out nasty fat deposits. At least, I hope it is.

We took a Grace to the pool last Saturday which gave me a chance to swim about and exercise. I also got some gardening in so I went to bed feeling slightly energized.

One the teaching side I am trying to reignite enthusiam which paid off last night okay. Actually, teaching makes a nice break from home life so really it's quite welcome.

No comments: