music

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Garrett

Been a nice week. Mainly because Don bestowed great gifts and time has been a slow flowing river this week. I've been collecting stones in the forest and carving a stone path to the fish bowls in the garden. I am taking great care to set the rocks firmly into the ground and to position them in a pleasing manner. Tomorrow, the task must continue and I must ride my motorcycle deep into the rubber plantation on the dusty, orange road. It's such fun. Sneaking into the bushes stealing stones.

Having come to a sudden end when I completed Bad Company 2, I found myself wanting to go back to the games I rushed over this Summer. What was the first one? Thief Deadly Shadows! Of course. That's what started this onslaught of kick ass games of late. I am back in the dark, mysterious medieval realm of Garrett. A fantastic story of sunken citadels and great prophecy. I'm so glad I clicked on it. I think a fourth instalment is on the cards. We'll have to wait.

Grace is changing every day. She's quite moody lately and complains when she's not allowed to scuttle across the floor or stand up against the shelf. It's amazing. And life with Oi is fairly amazing too. We have managed to get out of the town and have a real country life which I love. My life is outdoors now. Walking through the woods at seven in the morning. Lying in the hammock. Picking weeds (great back exercise) and watering the garden.

Just watched The Thin Red Line which was, you guessed it, amazing. Gorgeous movie and Nick Nolte is just so very, very good. First class.

Slow, hazy days and long may they reign. Probably going up to Chum Pon next week as the opportunity arises. A long ride, but a farm at the end of it which would be fun for a few days. I suppose I am in the middle of my holidays now. The vague pang of having to go back to work. Oh, how horrid.

No comments: