music

Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Morning Coffee?

Don came back today from Koh Phang Nang and he had a great time. Him, Tom and Lee were there. It was a shame I couldn't go, but home is the place for me right now. We have had a good time. I have kept a regular supply of orange juice, ham and mustard sandwiches, baked potatoes with cheese and beans, crisps, toffees, coffee, toast and marmalade, toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, peanuts and some beer in the hammock in the late afternoon. So, it ain't been so bad.

I have been riding down to the markets and restaurants on the main road next to the university. It's very convenient and just a right turn from the end of our road and a fairly pleasant ride fro about 5 k and you are there. Fried chicken and a variety of thai dishes await from some pretty good take-out restaurants.

I've downloaded some early Santana stuff which sounds great on the Ipod speaker, especially outside.

I've been on the woodland walk nearly every day and it is proving a great tonic. Normally, I will go at 6:30-7:30. I meet a sweet oldish couple in the plantation. It is so peaceful being under the canopy of the rubber trees. It has a lovely feel to it, sort of like being in a fairytale
and it's so quiet. Just the birds.

We are both getting a touch porky, so exercise is on the cards. Don is detoxing too, so I might well join him. Cut out beer and coffee. Yeah, right, let me do that. My morning coffee? Nay! I'll never let them take that away from me.

No comments: