music

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

PC Game Update - Summer Break

Swamped by an avalanche of awesome video games, I will summarize progress this Summer break.

Thief Deadly Shadows is probably 70% complete. After first playing and advancing to the Docks, and meeting the beckoning lady in the clifftop mansion, the wife of some sea captain, if memory serves. I remember bitterly regreting not fetching the bottle of wine from the kitchen she so becomingly requested. Anyway, shortly after that I stopped playing as I was thrown into the amazing Dragon Age Origins, which was just brilliant. Then came a brief spell on Mass Effect 2, which was too short lived. I had a re-run of Crysis and Warhead, which are incredible. I had a space of Settlers, then found the best game I have ever played; Bad Company 2. I showed it to Patrick this morning. The excellent jungle camp assault level, where you can camp out on the clifftop and pick off the security guards with your trusty sniper rifle. He liked it.

Bioshock 2 was also highly worthy. Then came Modern Warfare 2. Not too bad, but slightly linear. I do hate that thing they do where one feels channelled down a particular route. I really dig the open world scenarios.

A few days ago I got GTA Liberty City Tales. Awesome. Glad to see they have addressed the crap PC conversion. So far, I am in a biker gang. I had a great ride. I chased this rival group of bikers through the city, blowing them away with the shotgun. I chased after one guy, blasted him and turned back to get the remaining biker. Riding towards me, I blasted him as he sped blast and watched his body cartwheel through the tunnel we were in and his bike fly across the carriageway and crash into the barrier. It's a great game just riding around and blasting civilians.

Latest acquisition is Assassin's Creed 2 and it looks mighty promising. Florence or Venice like some Shakespearean Thief game. Looks like they got a decent story in the release. This game certainly has a swish or flare to it. Beautiful to look at.

The worst part is that a lot of these games are great and deserve a lot more playing time. One could really spend a year or six months just on one.

No comments: