music

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Video Joy

Okay, I have uploaded a bunch of vids of young Gracie to satisfy the teeming millions. I shall add more later.

Oi and I are both hooked on Travian. Yes, there is a Thai server full of Thai players. Oi said most of the players are rude and call their villages things like, Penis and Cock. My village is called Weed. Anyway, we are both engrossed and keep having to dash to our respective PC's to check who is attacking or if we have any coin to spend.

It is blistering hot and a lot of our time is spent in the playroom. I am still keen on watching all these French movies, though I still suffer from a low tolerance if the film doesn't grab me.

I have started running through the woods which is awesome and can certainly feel an immediate benefit. I was tempted though to have a couple of beers last night. I mean, it's boiling hot and I am sitting around. I am wondering why the Hell aren't I enjoying a nice cold brew. So I succumb and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just have to be careful not to overdo it and to keep up with the exercise.

I bought some soft blocks for Grace today. I just can't believe the price of toys in this country and I noticed the flipping cheese has gone up again! It seems if they see you buying something regularly then they whack the price up. If you don't buy it they get rid of it. Once more, I am weaning myself of any imported or nice food. Believe me, Thailand is not a cheap country. In fact it is turning into a damn expensive country. Yet, I think they are slitting their own throats. The greed is so easy to see and so predictable, and I am determined to outmanoeuvre them. I think in about 5 years, a bunch of folk here are in for a nasty shock. They pay through the nose for a sparkly white 4x4 plastic car. The petrol is cheaper in Malaysia. Down near the border the Thais all go across the border to fill up in rich old Malaysia, and over there they are on Western salaries.

Here are two quotes I recently heard about Thai people and they both ring true to me;

1. Thais are incredibly tolerant of each other and incredibly inconsiderate of each other.

2. A Thai will be your best friend, until he wants to kill you.

A bit of Thai bashing, I'm afraid, and I don't like to do it. Please forgive my rant and enjoy the vids.

No comments: