music

Friday, December 31, 2010

Loafing Around

Spent the week loafing around at home, which has been quite pleasant. It's been raining all week so I can feel good about lying on the sofa watching TV and playing computer games. I haven't done any exercise, but I am not in too bad a shape right now, so I probably have a bit of leeway. Seen some wicked shows; Beautiful Equations, Korean War in Colour, and some more I can't remember. Two awesome movies have been Never Let Me Go and Mr. Nobody. Both are chilling Orwellian alternative future movies and are outstanding, if somewhat deep. Perfect for a rainy day. Another great id the BBC's The Lost Prince, about George V's epileptic son who was shielded from public view and died aged just 13. It was very sad, but he had a happy life on a farm on the Windsor estate. He also had a knack of saying very poinyant things to all the old fuddy duddies conducting the first world war and could put them all to shame in a single sentence.

Grace has been running about the house, smiling and talking to herself, and I have been able to give Oi a bit of a break and take her for walks up and down the street. She likes to be with me a lot right now, which is fine. This morning though, I still felt very tired when Grace woke up at five thirty demanding assistance. It's okay.

Radio has also been great, and I am currently acquiring the entire collection of In Our Time broadcasts with Melvin Bragg. I found a torrent of it, and it has become my favourite show of late. When I am listening to the university professors discussing some long dead scientist or king, I sometimes wonder how differently I could have lived my life. I do know though, that I married a near perfect woman who values happiness and harmony above all else, and that we should both do a super job of raising Grace. This is something I know and it important to me. I also love being a teacher and helping all these young kids. I always loved playing and most of my life has been spent doing just that. I believe playing to be great practise in problem solving. I am keen to get Grace started on puzzles.

No comments: