music

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tiling

It is so hot right now. All one wants to do is to stay in an air conditioned room. Unfortunately, Grace does not share this view and wants to go outside.

My Carcassonne love affair continues and I have found a fan site with custom made rules and expansion packs. I have cafefully sifted through this list and saved the best ones, namely; Wells, Mountains and Fishermen. These new tiles I have printed off, fixed to thick card, found and fixed a backing tile and coated with acetate resin. I have to say they look superb and very close to the original tiles. Even Oi is impressed. So for the past couple of days I have been making new tiles.

Each new set has rules to be incorporated into th existing game and I even converted a small box and made a front cover design to house the new tiles. It is great doing craft. When we get a new camera I will take some snaps.

It gets me thinking to designing and inventing my own game. I like the tile-placing feature of Carcassonne and would like to use the same approach to slowly reveal a landscape or playing area. I had an idea for one about Princes building castles and raising armies to fight each other. Then I had another idea of explorers in a pyramid, turn by turn revealing passages, chambers, traps and so forth. If I have the spare time it would be a nice way to spend it.

I have a seminar to do on Monday to the Thai teachers at the Cathholic school where I work. I will preapre something tomorrow. It should be fairly easy. Term starts properly on Wednesday. There begins a run right through to October.

Oi has just returned from the dentist to have a gap filled in her teeth. Ten minutes after showing me, it fell out. She has to go back at six. There goes 1,600 B worth of crap to some dentist. TIT is all you can say (This is Thailand).

There was a bulldozer digging up the ground just over the garden wall where the doctor who lives in the Forbidden Palace resides. Looks like we are going to get some noise for the next year, and Thai builders ain't exactly fast.

Oi then says that her mechanic buddy, actually a very nice chap, has found a car for us. Great. I hate cars. 100,000 B. I had better stop now before I get annoyed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really recommend a Casio Exilim digi cam. Tough and reliable.