music

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Witcher 2


The Witcher 2 has made itself available and after a successful crack and installation is proving incredible fun.

A mean character and a very brutal game, but very nicely executed. Cool level up abilities, magic, potions, alchemy and meaner swords and armour. The story is great beginning at a seige of a castle, before escaping from a dungeon and then off to the outside world to begin the quest of finding the kingkiller.

Tom came over last night and the first time I have seen him since our trips. He is just back from the States where he travelled all over the USA going to gis; Medeski, MArtin and Wood, PJ Harvey, Alman Brothers among them.

He brought me a gift from the islands. I gave him the Grow a Girlfriend I picked up in the joke shop in Looe, and the pirate key ring from Portsmouth. He drank beer and I drank gin, and we sat on the back porch, in dimmed lights listening to tunes and exchanging stories.

It's Friday night now after the opening three days of the new term. It was lots of fun at school with some new songs and stories.

I have found a new pool near my house which will be more convenient for me, and it is cheaper than the place in town.

Well, I am probably going to be playing Witcher 2 all weekend, hopefully we will get some Carcassonne in and lie around eating and resting. Also, I have got some new TV docs, namely Henry VIII and one on 1066. The one of the Byzantium empire is first class, extremely informative.

Duke Nukem comes out next month!

No comments: