music

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Traders and Builders

First day back at school teaching the kids today and it went fairly well. Ten years of this game under my belt now and we don't waste any time. Phit is quite strong too and straight away we are down to business and any kid not paying attention gets severely scolded. I have my new Maisy books for story ammunition and some new songs we found on Utube (dreamenglish.com). These kids will all be proficient at reading and writing by the time they leave us. After school, an embarrassing 11.40am I went for a swim. I did my 40 lengths though sadly, this pool has had its day. It is very heavy on the choline and the price per month is 1000B. Way too much for a cheapskate like me. I shall find another one. Also, I notice the Sun at this time of year is directly overhead and there is no benefit from the skyscraper behind me casting a cooling shadow on the water.

At home I challenged Oi to a game of Carcassonne with the expansion, Traders and Builders. It makes a different game and Oi won! Lots of fun collecting barrels of ale, grain and cloth and using the pig and the builder. One day we will combine the two expansions for a massive game. And I have two more fan-made ones ready as well; mountains and fishermen.

I am reading an historical book on battles of the Dark Ages in Britain which is very compelling. I am collecting some medieval books right now for the ereader.

Grace back home from nursery.

Duty calls...

No comments: