music

Monday, May 2, 2011

Grace's Room

Oi and I have been deciding next steps and the first one was that we are going to stay in our existing house. I looked at the other one, and although quite nice, I think this one has the edge. The garden is also looking rather super right now as our plants are doing really well.

This in mind, we still decided to have a rethink about the house. We opted to go ahead and get Grace's room ready, so I told Oi to order another air con unit to be installed and then I went down to the shops and bought some paint to decorate the one unpainted room in the house. I spent this afternoon splashing Buttermilk about and playing rock music. It is nearly finished and once the air is put in on Wednesday, it will be super. We can then move Grace's toy cabinets out of the living room and free up some space. It should be great. It also means that MY workroom won't have to double up as a bedroom anymore (currently the only room with air).

While I was downtown paying the rent I dove into the computer shop and put in an order for an N-box. This will mean I won't have to burn any more DVDs and can watch shows and movies straight of my memory stick (handy drive). Later, I plan to be another 1 terrabyte internal hard drive so I can keep movies and series on my PC without having DVDs everywhere. Whilst in the UK I jotted down some shows I want to track down, like Celtic Britain.

The weather is boiling and Grace is yet to adjust to the time difference. I have nearly finished my first Cadfael book on the ereader and have install a bunch of new In Our Time shows onto the ipod for some late night listening. Last night was Human Nature, and awesome it was.

No comments: