music

Monday, January 25, 2010

12 Hours

A horrible 12 hours where I discover brother's wife, Mojo is into her 41 week pregnancy. That's overdue to the uninitiated. Mother has developed nasty sores on her legs and nose, and for the second time, has had to cancel her trip to Spain, and thirdly (it always comes in 3's) Grace fell off the bed this morning. I was on the PC at an early hour as usual and even above the headphones I heard the thump and resultant wailing. Oi came running in in floods of tears and poor Grace was screaming.

I took control.

"Give her milk now" I commanded. Consoling noises and a lightning trip around the garden. The screaming stopped and she recovered snappily and soon broke into a smile. The trick was to get her busy and not focusing on the pain. It makes me HATE Thai floors which are ALL hard and deadly for adults and babies alike.

The woes of parenthood.

I am hoping all these ills are brought swiftly to an end.

No comments: