music

Friday, January 29, 2010

"Who the Hell are you people?", "What the Hell is going on here?"

A sleepy Friday night and I declined any invitation to go out and chose to watch Close Encounters with Oi.

I think she liked it.

For me, and first time on the big TV, it affirmed my selection to my Top 5 movies of all time. I just find it so captivating. I love the mystery of the airplane re-appearance at the beginning, the scene at the level crossing and Richard Dreyfuss in general. The hope is staggering.

I proudly nominate it to the top 5.

As stands, if memory serves;

1. The Duellists.
2. Murphy's War.
3. The Queen of Spades.
4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

The final nomination remains to be seen.

Last week I watched "My Left Foot" with Oi which she loved, and it was great.

No comments: