music

Saturday, January 2, 2010

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Yes, the old school bell is ringing and once again I must don my garb and set forth for the schoolhouse gates. Oh...and I was so enjoying doing nothing.

Actually, I pulled a muscle in my neck after spending a whole day building Oi's brick-lined vegetable patch. The one that abuts the house wall. It's been three days and I am still in pain. The sort of dull pain that after a protracted time space, starts to wear you down. I have also had a bit of a gum ache. Today, whislt riding to get some much needed Guinness, I got a flat tyre. I thought, "This is not my day." However I got it fixed and got the beverage.

I am aware however that I am in need of healing time. Yes, next week will be swim time and gym time as I drag myself up and get a tad fit again. I always recall Jonathan Snowdon's reasoning for walking 30 miles every weekend. "Otherwise, I would just sit around the house feeling ill." And he was 56, I believe. "The human body was designed to move." He explained to me. "And if you don't keeping it moving, it ceases up, like an old engine." Such great words from a long lost hero.

School.

No comments: