music

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sunday Post

Sunday morn and suitably hung over.

It's been a gruelling week and I am exhausted. I did however summon enough energy to hook up with Pat and Tom last night however. Once again, Patrick slept under the stars. Tom, sadly, is a little out of sorts right now. But we hope he feels better soon.

Grace is really the order of the day and, for some reason, loves to be with me. Now she can sleep in the hammock with me. In fact it has become a daily ritual, which suits me fine.

I have been so busy working lately, that I haven't had much time or imspiration for games right now, but I have a bit of a backlog to explore when the opportunity arises. Dragon Age is nearing completion, Thief lies unfinished, Mass Effort and Armoured Princess are ready to go. And this year there are some stonkers coming out which I hope to acquire.

So serious was my mood this week that I asked Oi to watch something funny with me. Kingpins was a fantastic laugh and The Rocker was good fun too. I have some sick Asian movies to sift through and a Korean buddist flick; Spring Summer Autumn Winter...And Spring is amazing though, as yet, unfinished viewing.

The garden is Oi and I's main focus right now, after Grace of course, and we spend nearly all our time out on the porch is watering, sweeping or yesterday burning a few leaves. I love it and it is great. It is all I want now. I can take a little trip to the shops down the road and buy some fried chicken and sticky rice, a few veg and stock up on bread and milk and lots of juices. It's all rather embarrassingly cozy. I am well integrated with Thai people now and, as most of them just want to be friendly, I am well-liked and welcomed by nearly everyone I meet. I know the power of silence is a way to earn respect from a Thai. Slow movements, polite and pious is want they respond to. It's still quite funny to witness the odd falang blowing his top when he doesn't get what he wants. I recall the minibus ride with Joel when an irate Malaysian man was ranting and insisting he got dropped of first at the train station to the van driver. He tried to involve me as I spoke a bit of Thai. I did a good job of not supprting him. Sure enough, everyone was dropped of before him and he made some snide comment to me as Joel and I jumped off to go wherever we were going. Fun.

No comments: