music

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Settling In

Sunday morning and readjusting to homelife in the Land of Nine Smiles.

Oi's mum kept the house in great order and the garden is looking fine.Grace is having sleepless nights due to the time difference and went to bed at 2 o'clock last night. Oi is happy to be back in her homeland and enjoying her mum's company. I have been disappearing into the world of Cadfael and the game Knights of Honour. Why am I being so medieval? The Cadfael download of 21 books by Ellis Peter is fantastic. I am still on the first one, One Corpse Too Many but am hooked. I haven't enjoyed a book this much in ages. Madam Bovary remains unfinished. If you have a moment, or the inclination, Knights of Honour is an awesome strategy game.

The weather is hot as usual and I have a few tasks to do. I phoned Phit who said Gee has left Smart English and the office has lost two schools since last term which is a shame.

I have put my new Maisy books proudly with the others and sorted my Carcassonne game and hidden it from Grace's naughty fingers.

Grace was delighted to be reunited with Ching-Ching, the girl next door, and they instantly began fighting as before.

It's back to Thai food and perhaps the most mournful thing for me is the end of pork pies. Yea, I shall miss them, but Thai food is great too.

Glad to see the Royal Wedding went well. Looks like quite a day.

No comments: