music

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Awakening Grace (and Taxi DL)


Being at home and spending concentrated time with Baby Grace (something I would recommend to all fathers) things have started to come together.

Just lately we got into the habit of me "driving" her around the house. Sat on hand and held securely and roaming about with a gentle rocking motion .Sure to put a stop to any screaming. Yes, she has come to demand this service at least twice daily for about 40 minutes at a time. It sends her to sleep eventually allowing me the opportunity to dock her back on the mat to sleep away - and for me to scuttle back to the DL programme.

A new development is the inclusion of music. Having to balance plugging in the Ipod dock and with dodgy Thai wiring it is quite a struggle to fire up some tunes with Baby Grace in arms. Until today when I got "What Difference Does it Make" by The Smith and noticed that Grace wasn't crying when I wasn't moving - which is the usual procedure. Oh Joy! Then came "Bad" by U2 - then I switch to Amadou and Mariam (the album with M'bife on it - prior to Welcome to Mali and and awesome track called Djatu or something near the end of the album that folks must hear). This means that potentially I won't have to struggle around the house all the time but can rock a while by the Ipod.

Top Downloads are Porridge series 1, Comic Strip Bad News Tour and I just found Taxi! The classic series with Danny DeVito and Chris Lloyd which I have loved since my youff.

I invite all to join me on this journey...

No comments: