music

Sunday, October 11, 2009

George Carlin

Last night Don introduced me to this guy. I thought I had seen it all but this guy was maybe the best I ever saw.

Jesus is coming.. Look Busy (George Carlin).jpg

Sadly, he died last year, but if you want some real laughs and hear some real home truths, check him out.

Here are some quotes from him;

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.

I look at it this way... For centuries now, man has done everything he can to destroy, defile, and interfere with nature: clear-cutting forests, strip-mining mountains, poisoning the atmosphere, over-fishing the oceans, polluting the rivers and lakes, destroying wetlands and aquifers... so when nature strikes back, and smacks him on the head and kicks him in the nuts, I enjoy that. I have absolutely no sympathy for human beings whatsoever. None. And no matter what kind of problem humans are facing, whether it's natural or man-made, I always hope it gets worse.

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.

I watched a video of him from 1990 and it was hardcore. Check him out if you have the time.

No comments: