music

Friday, October 16, 2009

Paint Job

The holiday is flying by and the move is looming.

Last night I rode up to the new house to sit in the garden for the evening. I sat listening as the sun went down. Actually, I began focusing on all the noises a bit too much. They are far away noises. The sight of leaves against the sky is a welcome sight and as it had been raining, the forest was dripping its tune. I kept expecting someone to appear around the corner of the house, but of course, they never came. It is a quiet street.

Today, I must go back to the house and start painting. I bought semi-gloss by accident. Normally, I buy matt, but for some reason I got the semi-shiny variety. I hope it looks okay. It ain't cheap as chips.

This house (sorry...please excuse my enthusiasm) has a lot of possibilities. Probably more than I can provide, but I will try to make it as awesome as possible. Obviously I would like to do all the work myself, but it might be wise to get a man in for some of it, in case I end up taking years or not bothering at all. Oi will be pleased and it is perfect for Joo-Joo (Baby Grace). Riding home in the dark was cool too. Hat Yai felt like a different city and I rode passed a plethora of food stalls on my way back into town. It reminded me of Koh Samui or somewhere where one is first introduced to the bustling street life that represents Thailand.

I am DL all of Porridge. I will endeavour to get all of Taxi and Brideshead Revisited too, though moving house will interrupt this process. Hopefully, I can get the same excellent service in the new pad.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Whereabouts on the map is the house, Jim?