music

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday

A morning swim, a trip into town to by a baby papoose, and and afternoon of movies. I watched "The White Countess" with Ralf Fiennes. I thought it was awesome though I am very aware some would hate it. Lost Western aristocrats in 30's Shiang Hai. I saw him in "The Reader" the other day with Kate Winslet which was also brilliant. After this movie I tried a new technique of holding baby Grace, facing outward my hands folding a seat. She can look about as I rock lightly about the house. A little trip outside the front door to see the flowers. The visuals stimulate her and eventually she fell asleep. Big difference is it stops her screaming immediately. Later she fell asleep on my stomach as I watched movie No.2 "King of the Hill" about a young boy in 30's America directed by Stephen Soderberg. This was also excellent.

Seriously into science podcasts right now and just found a new site with some audio lectures on insect societies and sustaining life. It will make for an entertaining nighttime listen; cool fan, soft murmur of high brow prof should send me straight to sleep.

http://forum-network.org/taxonomy/term/1132/audio-downloads

Following Don's recommendation, I viewed "The Obama Deception" on Google Video. So-so, some of it I liked, some was crap. Those of a delicate disposition on world society should avoid at all costs.

No comments: