music

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Manual Labour

Sunday morning and a bit later I will go back to the house to continue the painting.

I really felt like I was back in some job in UK when I used to do a lot of manual work. I bought my lunch from 7, and started work at an easy pace. By eleven I took a break and sat on the porch eating my sandwich and drinking water in relative silence. It took me straight back to old times, when I would be on a work break in a factory or various outdoor jobs I have had. Then, quite diligently, I resumed work and got the days order finished by about one.

I have bought a load more paint for today's effort.

I have one more week off work. I'm so glad. It is nice to have a complete break from teaching now and then. It's been quite a busy holiday too.

I have been fighting my way through Resident Evil 5 which has proved great fun. It still has those strange green and red herbs that one has to combine together. I enjoy the re-equipping exercise to get all tooled up before the next encounter. The backdrop is Africa, so the zombies are usually some Zulu tribe lobbing spears and huge masks.

I haven't seen much of the guys, though Carl came over the other night and I showed him Hard Times, some Porridge, Flight of the Conchord and Taxi. It was fun.

I think life now will be more about my family and my life at home. I think having a family scares off some friends. Come what may, I am happy to disappear into the garden. I have a great study room too to continue my research. I am looking forward to exploring the area around the new house too and I suggested that we get bicycles as an evening cycle ride might be a good tonic.

....Later.

Just got back from the paint job and did quite a bit more. This time I took the time to explore the area on my bike and I found a great winding new road amid the rubber plantations, up hills as well as it is behind the main mountain that overlooks Hat Yai. I carried on the road until it came to a T junction that lead the way back into town. So I turned around and came back through the shady lane. It's a great track. I mean really. And a great Thai occupation is to cruise about in the evening when the weather is cool. It's a very cool thing to do. One of my favourites in this country. I will post the co-ords from Google one day.

Yes...I can imagine relaxing in the garden for a bit and then going on a little cruise around the forest on the bike. Sounds great to me.

No comments: