music

Monday, October 12, 2009

Yesterday's Movies

Yesterday we checked out the new house and boy is it awesome. I'm really excited about it. It needs some work but it has great potential. We have been playing around with floor plans and garden ideas. It has an amazing rear porch which will be great in the evening, and I have already claimed a room for my continued research.

Yesterday's movies? Yes. First was "Pig Hunt". It was an enjoyable romp in the California mountains in the style of Deliverance and Southern Comfort. The sceond which I have still to finish is "The Girl With Pearl Earrings" which is first rate. Set in 1660's following some European artist (Colin Firth) who takes a shine to the maid. It's great.

I started watching film noir, "The Man Between" with James Mason. Although I really liked to style of film making and the shots of post war Berlin, it did not captivate me, so I stopped after 45 minutes. So sad, as there are so many avenues to explore and appreciate. It is impossible to enjoy them all if give adequate time to savour all these works has to offer.

Am starting to DL "Three Colours Blue". I think I have seen both the others (White and Red) many moons ago.

Of course, now I may lose internet for a while when we move and I may not be able to get the same excellent service in the new house as it is out of town but we shall see.

Baby Grace is doing fine and it is nice to have a break from teaching.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Somerset Maugham here we come. You should plant a lemon tree for your g & t's