music

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Days

Down to the last few days of Klongrien Song (2) and approaching country life. I am so looking forward to it. The back porch is so tranquil and sleep inducing. I anticipate most of our time will be spent relaxing on the porch.

The country rides are also just outside the gate. There is a ton of area to explore. Lots of rubber plantations stretching up the hills that surround. As I whistle about on my bike and I turn the corner to see a huge jungle encased hill in front of me, I am reminded I am in South East Asia. I'm so glad I will be surrounded by green. I don't think I ever want to live in a town again. I draw energy from the trees.

The house is looking okay now. The painting is nearly finished. I will do the last lot on Thursday. Two guys that Pee Dtoi brought in have sown a fantastic job on the garden and sorted the bathrooms and plumbing. The garden is ready to be turfed and the vegetable patch seeded. I'm sure Oi will love taking care of that whilst Grace sleeps in her cot on the porch.

Having acquired a rapidshare account I have been DL on a non stop basis, especially as I will be down for a while as things get connected. The benefits of membership are easy to see. I can get a movie in about 20 minutes. Right now, I am concentrating on TV series, namely; Barchester Chronicles, River Cottage, North and South. I even just found one on Ants by Edward O. Wilson, my latest hero.

Actually, I am a pretty big fan of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall right now too. River Cottage is the most addictive show I have ever watched. It's a guy wandering around a farm and yet it is compelling to the eye. I feel so ashamed looking at myself when I watch him. He does everything. Butchering, cooking, animal husbandry, vegetables. The guy is self sufficient. Makes me want to head to Oi's farm and start digging. It'll never happen.

Back at school and it's actually pretty fun, even though I am not really up for it yet though. I will need to get back to it once the move is completed.

No comments: