music

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cars

Early Thursday morning.

I got my bike back yesterday which had gone in for some fairly major repairs. I rode back a dream. Absolutely fantastic. It's funny how when something slowly deteriorates that you don't really notice, and then when you finally get the thing repaired it's like amazing. Computers are a bit like that too.

I have done some serious music research and, again with the help of Rapidshare, have acquired some gems; Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die (a Stuey Barrett recommendation), Neil Young, White Stripes, Dar Williams, Lucy Kaplansky, Taj Mahall, Ry Cooder (Borderline), Animals, Chuck Berry, Van the Man among others.

Tom has been a valuable source of Information.

It's been good to catch up with Don again. Someone I see fairly eye-to-eye with. Carl has become a closet recluse and now that he has The Net I doubt we will ever see him again. He's 10 years younger. Maybe one day he'll come out and everyone will be gone. I recall Peter's great words that one should always go out if the opportunity arises. I wonder if he still follows that exceptionally rare and brilliant perception. With a new born it is surely vastly more difficult, and can one ever truly justify leaving one's wife and babes in the nest and go party? Surely? Or not.

I did get out for Christmas dinner at Patrick's which was a hoot. And I woke up on the kitchen floor next to Tom for a double bonus.

We got the air-con repaired last night too, for a blessed 500 Baht. Phew! That could have been expensive if he was a cunt. But he wasn't. Now we can enjoy movies in grand style. Oi watched The Abyss last night as I lay in the hammock outside drinking Archa beer. My new love. She is getting into James Cameron's movies having enjoyed Aliens and Avatar. Unfortunately, the subtitles were out and it is a slightly complex film, so that detracted from the overall viewing pleasure, but I think it went into the "good" bin in the end.

The garden is looking rather interesting and the next project is to get hold of a BBQ. The half oil barrel jobs is what I am looking for. I will go recce today, as well as find a paddling pool for young Gracie.

Coffee break...

Watch this movie. Set in Ecuador, for those lucky people who have been to Ecuador.


And this is a great album, for those who love great albums.

One good thing I am doing, when I can be bothered to remember, is to write "To Do" lists. I suppose as one gets older and time slips away one is slightly more concerned about doing everything one wanted to do before hopping the twig. Not being one to venture far, my goals are mainly based around the home and various domestic projects and journeys of the mind.

Daily watering and leaf sweeping are excellent tonics for calming the brain.

Dawn is about to break and I must prepare for my trek into town. I really enjoyed walking into town while the bike was broke. It reminded me of days spent hitch-hiking to Joel's house in Petersfield days so long ago. And it instilled my hatred of cars. I decided that Thailand is like America where everyone drives and nobody walks. Cars screamed passed me within inches. I don't think they heard me shouting "Cunt!". I guess I am just waiting for the day when cars are a bleak and distant memory.

No comments: